Saturday, January 31, 2009

Recording isn't always what it seems...


Being in the studio has always been a painful time for me. I enjoy the process of writing and rehearsing material...but when it comes to recording, everything seems to become infinitely more stressful and difficult than it needs to be. That being said, the only two records that I have been given proper time to cut happen to be "The Horse Diaries" (Agnosis) and "Cerbero" (Cerbero) - one of which (the Cerbero) has yet to be released. That being said, this new solo album has been smooth sailing, partly due to it being my own material and partly due to Dennis being a patient and upbeat individual who doesn't step on my toes. On the yet to be released Solis Rex record I was given a scant two days to record and shape my vocals, on the Agnosis album "Zero" I was given slightly less than that. While they both stand as good records, I wish I could go back and re-record many moments...but one can be thankful that I was allowed to record many of the following live-shows to get the different sounds I wanted.

Needless to say, we're almost complete with the first single ("Heroin[e]" - to be released on amazon.com sales very soon...and possibly as a 7") and this has been a very relaxed recording process in comparison to anything I've been put through with a "band".

It's very important that a person works on his own material, as one tends to be more passionate about his own creations than those that others have a profound influence on.

More soon...but this is how things stand at the moment in the studio...as you can tell by the above image this has been a strange party indeed.